Friday, December 10, 2010

Playa Langosta

Sarah and I arrived around 9:30 last evening to Tamrindo on the "chicken bus" or public bus. 6 and a half hour trip squeezed into a bus seat. My ride in to San Jose was much nicer in the back all by myself in a Toyota Land Cruiser. That trip only took 4 hours.
I took Sarah for a 3 kilometer walk up the coast from Playa Tamarindo to Playa Langosta, a smaller, prettier beach with bigger waves. She didn't enjoy the walk too much, as she kept sitting down and pouting "can't we just relax for a second?". No. Must get to the beach. She loved it once we got there as I knew she would.
She especially had fun watching the dogs splash around the ocean. They LOVE to play tag on the beach with one another, and love to jump into the waves just like people do. The waves were so big there, but sadly I had no board with me and there was nowhere to rent one. I will bring one next time for sure. The water was freezing today but I got in anyway.
Here's some pics taken today. Thanks to mom dad and sister for sending down a new digital camera with the care package via Sarah. Click pics to enlarge.


Beautiful Playa Langosta


Sarah about to embark on the grueling 3 km trek to Playa Langosta

Christmas card? 


Local walking her dog 

Near the river mouth at Playa Langosta



Playa Tamarindo

wannabe surfer with no board

Very tall palm trees in Tamarindo

Playa Tamarindo

Dog party at Playa Langosta

Hill on the way to Langosta


Dusk at Langosta

No comments:

Post a Comment